Quotes And Bios
New Age Spiritual Leaders
I have had the opportunity to learn the Universal laws (including Law of Attraction) from some of the greatest spiritual teachers, personal development coaches, and inspirational speakers of all times. If you are visiting this site, you are likely doing the same.
Since you cannot study them all at once, explore these quotes to help determine which teachings are right for you at this point in your journey.
I hope you will enjoy practicing awareness and conscious living by paying attention to how you feel as you are reading these quotes-- then make your choices accordingly. Note: For Law of Attraction quotes by Esther Hicks (or Abraham), visit the page dedicated to them.
Joseph Campbell is remembered as a powerful teacher of the human spirit and mythology, public speaker, and award-winning author. His greatest and most well-known works include the books The Hero with a Thousand Faces, The Power of Myth, Pathways to Bliss, and Myths to Live By. Campbell’s Follow Your Bliss teachings resonated with the world far more than he could have imagined.
Joseph Campbell Quotes:
- Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.
- I think the person who takes a job in order to live - that is to say, for the money - has turned himself into a slave.
- Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.
- Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.
- We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
- We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about.
- But if a person has had the sense of the Call -- the feeling that there's an adventure for him -- and if he doesn't follow that, but remains in the society because it's safe and secure, then life dries up. And then he comes to that condition in late middle age: he's gotten to the top of the ladder, and found that it's against the wrong wall. If you have the guts to follow the risk, however, life opens, opens, opens up all along the line.
Click here to view Joseph Campbell books at amazon.com
Neale Donald Walsch
Most famous for his Conversations With God book series, through which Neale offers profound enlightenment to readers as he dialogues with God about everything imaginable, Neale Donald Walsch is one of today’s leading spiritual teachers.
The CWG 3-book series is something that I’ve read multiple times. With each read, I gain a little greater understanding. These books are something that you will either love or hate. If you are deeply tied to a particular religion, this book may go against everything that you believe. If, on the other hand, your mind is open to that which may help you to evolve spiritually, I strongly recommend reading these life-changing books.
Neale Donald Walsch Quotes
- A life lived of choice is a life of conscious action. A life lived of chance is a life of unconscious creation.
- As the new spirituality begins to become the pervasive spirituality of the planet, we'll find that we have abandoned our philosophy of contradictions in which we say we're all one but continue to try to win.
- It graduates to 'our state is better than your state,' and 'our nation is better than your nation.' And it circles all the way around to where it started: 'Our God is better than your God.'
- Glorify who you are today, do not condemn who you were yesterday, and dream of who you can be tomorrow.
- In that realm you will know at last the good news: that your "devil" does not exist, that you are who you always thought you were--goodness and love. Your idea that you might be something else has come from an insane outer world, causing you to act insanely. An outer world of judgment and condemnation. Others have judged you, and from their judgments you have judged yourself.
- Every prayer - every thought, every statement, every feeling - is creative. You were created to create - not to react. Creation is the highest form of Divinity, and your birthright. Truth is, you are creating all the time. The central question in your life is whether you are doing this consciously or unconsciously.
- A hunch is angel talk, and probably should not be ignored. Listen to your hunches, pay attention to your intuition, do not dismiss your random thoughts, inspirations or ideas. Heaven talks in snippets, not in speeches. Angels whisper fast.
- Miracles seldom occur in the lives of those who do not consider them possible.
- Go ahead and do what you really love to do! Do nothing else! You have so little time. How can you think of wasting a moment doing something for a living you don’t like to do? What kind of a living is that? That is not a living, that is a dying!
- Your mind is right now filled with old thoughts. Not only old thoughts, but mostly someone else’s old thoughts. It’s important now, it’s time now, to change your mind about some things. This is what evolution is all about.
Do Neale Donald Walsch's quotes resonate with you? If so, click here for Neale Donald Walsch books at Amazon
As a self-development guru, inspirational speaker, and author, Dr. Wayne Dyer touches the lives of people all over the world. He has published more than 30 books, including the New York Times bestsellers 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace, The Power of Intention, Inspiration, and Change Your Thoughts—Change Your Life. Several of his books have been featured on PBS as national public television specials.
Dr. Dyer’s successes, and his strategies for helping others to achieve success, are even more inspiring when you consider that Dr. Dyer spent his childhood in orphanages and foster homes. Try reading some of these Wayne Dyer quotes to see if you are drawn to his message.
Quotes from Wayne Dyer, PhD.
- Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
- Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.
- Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.
- Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you.
- If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave.
- If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
- Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.
- Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy.
- What comes out of you when you are squeezed is what is inside of you.
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
- You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with.
- You'll see it when you believe it.
If Wayne Dyer's quotes resonated with you, view Wayne Dyer books on Amazon.com
Eckhart Tolle is a leading-edge spiritual teacher who overcame a life filled with misery and clinical depression. He is best known as the author of New York Times bestseller, The Power of Now. This book, which has been translated into more than 30 languages, has helped thousands to awaken spiritually and discover inner peace.
Tolle travels the world teaching people to live in the moment, which is all that really exists.
Quotes from Eckhart Tolle
- Those who have not found their true wealth, which is the radiant joy of Being and the deep, unshakable peace that comes with it, are beggars, even if they have great material wealth. They are looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love, while they have a treasure within that not only includes all those things but is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.
- Your mind is an instrument, a tool. It is there to be used for a specific task, and when the task is completed, you lay it down. As it is, I would say about 80 to 90 percent of most people's thinking is not only repetitive and useless, but because of its dysfunctional and often negative nature, much of it is also harmful.
- Fear arises through identification with form, whether it be a material possession, a physical body, a social role, a self-image, a thought, or an emotion. It arises through unawareness of the formless inner dimension of consciousness or spirit, which is the essence of who you are. You are trapped in object consciousness, unaware of the dimension of inner space which alone is true freedom.
- Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction, but we don't realize this because almost everyone is suffering from it, so it is considered normal. This incessant mental noise prevents you from finding that realm of inner stillness that is inseparable from Being.
- Enlightenment means rising above thought, not falling back to a level below thought, the level of an animal or a plant. In the enlightened state, you still use your thinking mind when needed, but in a much more focused and effective way than before.
- Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally.
- Be at least as interested in what goes on inside you as what happens outside. If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place.
- Power over others is weakness disguised as strength. True power is within, and it is available to you now.
- Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.
- Emotion arises at the place where mind and body meet. It is the body's reaction to your mind — or you might say, a reflection of your mind in the body.
If these quotes resonate with you, Click here to check out Eckhart Tolle's books at Amazon.com.
Gary Zukav is the author of four consecutive New York Times bestsellers, The Seat of the Soul , Soul Stories, The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness, and The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice.
Zukav's books delve into quantum physics, conscious living, emotional awareness, dream fulfillment, the creation of authentic power, spiritual partnerships, and the connection between the personality and the soul. Although these subjects have the potential to be quite complex, he has a way of presenting this information so that it is understood by the masses.
Zukav and his partner Linda Francis co-founded the Seat of the Soul Institute, an organization whose mission is “to assist individuals in creating meaning and purpose, creativity and health, joy and love.”
Gary Zukav Quotes
Find Gary Zukav Books
- Change is not stressful. Resistance to change creates stress.
- Reality is what we take to be true. What we take to be true is what we believe. What we believe is based upon our perceptions. What we perceive depends upon what we look for. What we look for depends upon what we think. What we think depends upon what we perceive. What we perceive determines what we believe. What we believe determines what we take to be true. what we take to be true is our reality.
- Please… tell me who you are and what you want. And if you think those are simple questions, keep in mind that most people live their entire lives without arriving at an answer.
- You may seek companionship and warmth, for example, but if your unconscious intention is to keep people at a distance, the experiences of separation and pain will surface again and again until you come to understand that you, yourself, are creating them.
- The journey may take many lifetimes, but you will complete it. It is impossible not to complete it. It is not a question of if but of when. Every situation that you create serves this purpose. Every experience that you encounter serves this purpose.
- Illusion holds power over you when you are not able to remember that you are a powerful spirit that has taken on the physical experience for the purpose of learning. It has power over you when you are compelled by wants and impulses and values of your personality. It holds power over you when you fear and hate and sorrow and fester in anger or strike out in rage. It has NO power over you when you LOVE, when compassion opens your heart to others, when your creativity flows unimpeded joyously into the present moment. In other words, the illusion had no power over a personality that is fully aligned with the soul.
- When you feel an emotion such as despair or in a depression, that is a low frequency current of energy. It has very little energy. And someone who is in despair or in a depression soaks up energy.
- You cannot find your soul with your mind, you must use your heart. You must know what you are feeling. If you don't know what you are feeling, you will create unconsciously. If you are unconscious of an aspect of yourself; if it operates outside your field of awareness, that aspect has power over you.
- Every intention sets energy into motion, whether you are conscious of it or not.
- Forgiveness means that you do not hold others responsible for your experiences
Ernest Holmes (1887-1960)
Ernest Holmes, founder of the Religious Science movement, is best known for his book “The Science of Mind.” This book helps readers to be effective at praying, meditation, healing, and mastering the powers of the mind to find purpose in life.
Although Ernest Holmes left this physical world in 1960, his powerful teachings continue to change lives.
Ernest Holmes Quotes
- Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it.
- Prayer is a thought, a belief, a feeling, arising within the mind of the one praying.
- The intellect is a cold thing and a merely intellectual idea will never stimulate thought in the same manner that a spiritual idea does.
- The road to freedom lies not through mysteries or occult performances, but through the intelligent use of natural forces and laws.
- It is done to you as you believe.
- Success and prosperity are spiritual attributes belonging to all people.
- You can attract only that which you mentally become and feel yourself to be in reality.
Check Out Ernest Holmes books at Amazon.com
Get more quotes
For Law of Attraction based quotes from a variety of other experts, visit the Inspirational quotes page.
Follow me on Twitter
Donate to Attraction Saga
If this material has helped you, please feel free to donate safely and securely via PayPal by clicking here.
Return to Home Page